Index for the Meccano/MeccanIC System of Hardware, Electronics and Software for the Meccano system.
The preliminary Specifications.
Introduction (the intent of this disclosure)
Device List (what can be a part of the MeccanIC system)
Hardware specifications (what the hardware must do to be a part of MeccanIC)
MeccanIC Motors (specifications)
Components Page 1 (cams switches relays etc)
Components Page 2 (motors and other items)
Components Page 3 (motors and large limit switch)
Components Page 4 (motors)
Components Page 5 ( )
Components Page 6 ( )
Components Page 7 ( )
MeccanIC Controllers (about the things that control the motors and one way of doing so)
Software language specification (a preliminary description and discussion of the MeccanIC language proposed)
Verbiage storage space (where I store words and ideas that might be useful later in the project but you might find interesting now)
MeccanIC Comments from readers. Edited and condensed to make for faster reading. Please read and comment. Your identity is not disclosed.
Other Meccano related sites that are of interest are
Pages you may be interesting in looking at if you have an interest in electronics for Meccano.
1. Michael Adler's discussion of Meccano and Programmable Controllers (PLCs)
2. The Electronics in Meccano Home Page. Lots of good information, maintained by Tim Surtell This on line source has a lot of good stuff on electronics. Well worth looking at. http://www.eleinmec.com/index.asp
3. James Johnson's discussion of reed switches in Electronics in Meccano
4. John Hewes discussion of a Darlington pair speed controller in Electronics in Meccano http://www.eleinmec.com/article.asp?13
5. A controller that provides very comprehensive capabilities is available from New Zealand. See http://www.meccanisms.com/motorvator.php
(There are no other specifically MeccanIC related sites at this time.)
23 March 2004:
All rights to the word and logos for MeccanIC are reserved by Harprit Singh Sandhu of Champaign IL USA. The information in this system description is the copyrighted intellectual property of the author but may be reproduced without permission if proper credit of ownership is included in the copy or any portion thereof. All the rights associated with it including copyright and trademark rights are reserved by Harprit Singh Sandhu of Champaign Illinois, USA. 2004.
HOME NEXT PAGE
09 Apr 04